Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stay Tuned.....


So what do YouTube, a size 8 and guest bloggers have to do with each other and most importantly....ME? Well standby and you will be finding out. I am not ready to divulge too much just yet, but know that this past weekend was the catalyst for a new way of thinking. Instead of my life being about everyone else, I have decided to pull back a bit and start thinking a little more about....ME! Crazy you say?! Downright selfish! Or perhaps.....It's about time! Whatever your thoughts on the matter, you will be hearing more about all of this....very soon!

As women, it seems to be in our nature....to nurture. We take care of the husband, the kids, the grandkids (if we are of a certain age), the house, the job, the laundry and even the dog.....and everyone of those people, places or things come with baggage that we must also take care of. Through it all, we often forget to take care of the most important person involved, and that is ourselves. No that is not ego talking, that is fact. Without us, who would take care of everyone else? In order to be that person for everyone, we have to put ourselves first every once in a while. This includes but is not limited to: getting plenty of rest, relaxing ever so often and sitting down to actually enjoy "good" food instead of just grabbing junk and running. We are worth it you know! We do deserve to take care of us, or God forbid.....be taken care of, every once in awhile.

I have been that person for everyone in my hemisphere (whether they wanted it or not) for many years. Through it all, I forgot about, or simply just discarded myself, my wants and even my needs trying to take care of everyone else's wants and needs. Where has it gotten me? Exhaustion, 70+ pounds over weight and quite frankly.....it has left me not very happy. Now I am realizing that if I don't take proper care of me, then I can't take proper care of everyone else. Oh....and here is the real kicker.....brace yourself, I think I realized that maybe everyone in my hemisphere really doesn't need my constant care. I guess there is a line where it is no longer caring and it becomes more hovering and enabling. Yeah...I'm THAT mom! Don't judge me!

There is also the issue that if I don't take care of me now, when all my needy peeps are gone, I won't be able to enjoy my life and my time. Not taking care of me now, could quite possibly leave me riddled with health issues in the future. I don't want the tables turned and someone else having to take care of me. That is definitely not the way I want to spend the next half century of my life. And yes, as a matter of fact I do plan to live to be 100ish! That alone should scare quite a few people!

Well, changes are happening. In fact, they are happening as we speak and while weight loss is obviously a necessary change, there are many other aspects of my life that must also change, and none of  it can happen unless the heart and mind are involved too. Just so you know, the heart is on board and the mind is hatching a plan. So again....stay tuned because you will be hearing from me again, much sooner than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment